Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 5 Ecuador

Hi!
There is no general email this week, so I’ll share a couple of things from my personal email. 

Baptisms fell through. Our investigator has been secretly sneaking a few cigarettes she failed to report, and fessed up to the day before. We will work with her more and in two weeks or so give her another opportunity. For now, no baptisms. We did “rescue” three less active members this week though! Simply outlined, we have to teach them all of the lessons, and they have to attend church three times and pass an interview. It was fun to see some progress and success. We have several other rescues and seven men we’re working with for the priesthood. I tell you what, it is a different church down here. Struggle...

This week has been a little rough. Last Tuesday I got really fevery and sick. I went to the local clinic (yikes) three times over the next two days for urine and blood tests, chest Xray etc. at the orders of the mission president. They found an infection in my lungs. I’ve been working with the mission nurse, and have an antibiotic and vitamin C tablets I take once a day. The closest thing I can describe it as, is an asthma attack. Though breathing is not difficult, it is shallow and painful. It has gotten better the last six days, but I have a constant ache and sharper pains with deep respiration. This makes strenuous exercise not so great at the moment, and walking can be a burden throughout the day, but I haven’t been forced to slow up yet! Faith is strong. 

Keep Parker in your prayers. Thanks for all your support:)
Love,
Cammie 

Home of an investigator
                                          Onward Ever Onward as we glory in His name!!
 I was unable to participate in the installation of an electrical wire in my service project. Guess I did my work in planning right? I'm off to go get a banana with my machete. Unfortunately...not ripe yet.
Local bananas. Fruit isn't quite ripe yet, but cool picture!
Lunch with Hermano Veliz, one of our recent rescues and soon to be Melchizedek priesthood holder! Owns a local corn farm. Cool guy. Neat meal...it really was pretty good!
                                                               Playing with my food
 
Buena Fe Travels: Elders are piled in the back of a pick up truck for a 20 minute drive through corn fields, banana farms, etc. to the "sought after" pond. Neat...Ecuador
Trip to the Buena Fe watering hole aka local skinny dip pond. Hah, fun little get away to see something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment