Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 3 Ecuador

Hola Everyone! 
Random starting note. If you need some love and comfort in your life, Read John 14/15. Ponder the words of our Savior and think what you can do to receive Him more in your life!
This week I have focused greatly on the Holy Ghost. After all, the companionship of the Spirit is the only way we can effectively do the Lords work, the way He would have it done! Focusing outward we have two promising baptisms for the 25th of October and other investigators for later dates. After an excellent fast we were blessed to find two families to share a message with tonight! Very excited! The work with less actives and recent converts is also a rewarding experience! While many members want nothing to do with helping in missionary work we were accompanied by a very cool man, Brother Garcia [6ft plus full latino who looks like an NFL linebacker.. not common around here. I think I am big in Ecuador ha] ...one night to go out and teach and what an excellent experience it was! I recognize the importance of members in this work to fellowship new members, help bear testimony, serve, and so much more. I have a greater gratitude for the strength of the church back at home. Props to all of you who serve faithfully in the church. It makes more of a difference than you know!

Now, focusing inward..
I have made an effort this week to follow the counsel of Elder Holland and perfect myself in a sense before I expect it of my investigators. I have followed the counsel of Moroni in [Moroni 7,48] and prayed to the father to be continually filled with the pure love of Christ" thus I can more honestly represent our Savior. Results, I find peace in the words of Christ to the Father in [3Nephi 19, 29] I am here to love and help all who will accept me, all that have been prepared for me. For these I pray. The rest, I offer what I can, then wish them the best and bid farewell until we are all gathered one glorious Day!
These messages will be shorter as to provide time for talking with family and personal emails more. Nevertheless, best of wishes to all of you! I testify happiness is found in the gospel. In worthiness. In Families. In the blessings of the Lord as we obey His commandments. I leave you with the wise counsel of Jacob.
"O be wise, what can I say more?" [Jacob 6,12]
Love, 
Elder Wilson

So.. a little more deets for closer family ha! I'm learning true obedience in the mission field is a hard thing to come by. We had 5 elders sent home this month. Hermana Riggins shared with me that it is difficult to find worthy trainers for incoming missionaries! Wow! Two elders were transfered from my casa after staying out past 10 with other female investigators. Yikes. The two incoming with over a year of experience sleep in most days to 930ish. 

To further expound on the weight gain of so many missionaries, they eat like crap and unadvised street food every day. Not to mention I haven't seen any of them workout, including my companion and even district leaders. Thus, I'm hoping to avoid all the weight gain. Funny experience:
We have a 75ish pound bar with cement blocks on the ends at my casa that I do workouts with, along with my band, jump rope etc. I did the 100 thruster with 100 jump rope in between every 10 reps. Wow! I can tell you I am in shape at sea level. Conditioning was not an issue. The soreness however the next day. Ouch, made for a difficult day of walking ha but lessons learned right? 
I had a medical checkup with a nearby 'trained' sister missionary. She checked my heart rate which was 38. After being shocked she checked it again. 42. Awesome right? I love this sea level stuff! She thought I was dying however and I had to explain I'm in decent physical shape and am coming from 5000 ft elevation. Haha, cool though, thought I'd share.

Also, the incoming question for all. Are you circumcized? ya... I was asked this in spanish the other day and had to dictionary translate. Wow! um yes!! Ha, these barbaric latinos all find it very amusing. We'll end on that note here.

Otherwise, some crazy food! One meal was a FULL fish in a greeny yellow soup with idk what in it. That I have to drink as well of course. Yikes. Many prayers said to get through that meal. Lunch is served!

Thought it would be fun to share a little more. But have to go unfortunately. Have a great week everyone! Love you all,
Parker


No comments:

Post a Comment