Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 6 Ecuador

Hola Familia! Another awesome week behind us. I´m going to keep this pretty short and sweet, hope everyone is great!
As I wrap up another great week and time is truly passing by in the mission field I was pondering about the progress i´ve made as far as many Goals previously made. ¨Goals reflect the desires of our hearts and our vision of what we can accomplish.¨ Preach My Gospel pg 146. A life without a cause is a life without effect; always have a purpose. Consult with the Lord, trusting he will help you, and establish goals throughout your life which will stretch and guide you to your full potential. When we exercise Faith we show the Lord we want His help. Consequently, He will help us learn and fulfill our individual purposes.
I want to refer briefly to those who may be hesitant in this process due to past short-comings. I run into a lot of different people and no situation is ever the same, but to all I would counsel that the past is to be learned from, not lived in. We have all experienced the discouragement of not ¨measuring up.¨ It is the very reason so many choose to simply play it safe. Do not let what troubled you yesterday hold you back from what could be accomplished today! Also keep in perspective that personal shortcomings are not failures. ¨The ultimate measure of success is not in acheiving goals alone but in the service you render and the progress of others.´¨ PMG
In D&C 121 the Lord teaches that ¨many are called but few are chosen.¨ In my words, starters are many but finishers are few. 3Nephi 14:13-14 Ënter ye in at the straight gate¨ we are invited, yet warned, ¨Narrow is the way which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.¨ But why? Why don´t people accept the gospel of our Savior? Well, in one response I echo the words of Elder Holland again and believe that while salvation was never easy for our Savior we too must experience in this life a small part of what He went through for us, It is part of our purpose here to face trials and learn, yet I know on the same note that the Lord will never let those who look to Him fall.
Few processes better exemplify the attribute of Diligence than the conversion of a Child of God unto Baptism, a close equal being our obligation to subsequently endure faithfully to the end. ¨The remission of sins¨invites the Holy Ghost to be our constant companion through our earthly journey, that ¨By Diligence¨we may all return and ¨dwell with God.¨ Moroni 8:26. My first convert, Elcerita, was baptized today after over a months work of preparation. This former Evangelist, Smoker, Near anti-mormon came a long way to gain a testimony of the Restauration and truth of the Gospel as well as quit smoking. I will never be able to fully empathize with those who struggle to overcome addictions, but I made a promise and exercised Faith that the Lord would help her. I watched this woman fall, try, fall, struggle, lose hope-quit. We put our trust in a Priesthood blessing and fasted, then I watched the Spirit convert a heart before my eyes. I´ve learned Diligence in obtaining a black belt, eagle scout, academic scholarships and other noteworthy accomplishments but none compare to what i´m learning, eternally speaking, every day in bringing about my greatest ´accomplishments´ yet.
I´m so grateful to be a part of this marvelous work and for all those who support me in my efforts. Surely thoughts have ventured home this past week with Halloween and birthdays.. I can´t express the joy my family, even miles away in another continent, brings me. Thoughts of those at home, as well as my fellow brothers also serving around the world, often underlie my ambitions and motivation to magnify my calling; giving to these families the knowledge that brings me such great joy, or by all means showing them the way to it. Love and prayers often for all of you at home. Have another great week! Sincerely,
Elder Wilson 
I've been taking full advantage of the bananas, apples, MANGOS! and other fruit coming into season. Makes for great breakfasts. Have to be careful though, they'll get you on the other end if you know what I mean...;)

My first convert Elcerita was baptized!

Post-baptism clean up. Spirits are high! Neat experience.

Adios to my first zone and district leaders. The only gringos in my area. Who are transferring today. I'm glad I got to spend time with them on splits this past week. Great guys! Look forward to leadership opportunities in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment