Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 83 Ecuador

Happy Monday everyone,

I get pretty excited to write you guys, I made a goal that I will continue writing all of my converts that still love me once a week when I am home, just like i´ve written all of you for the past (almost) two years. Irina is dreading the day that I leave; honestly, I am too..

This week we have found new investigators, taught and served! I´ve been wanting to go to Manabi and help out with the Earthquake disasters for the past week but there isn´t anything I can do, they even pulled all of the missionaries out of there and they´re staying in Guayaquil. We have been trying to do our part from here, however, gathering clothing, food and especially water. I even sent a box of Books of Mormon up there with some ward members! Throughout all of this the doubt has remained, is this a punishment from God? Well, leave it up to Pres. Riggins to give you an inspired answer:

Thanks for helping collect food and supplies for the unfortunate. I believe that God uses nature to call men to repentance but I don´t believe he punishes people through natural disasters. In almost all cases I believe that God allows natural consequences to be the punishment. I think that sometimes we think that God is playing chess, that once we make a move then he reacts with his move. God knows all things. All things are before him. He gives laws with consequences, both positive and negative; we choose. 

I appreciate what you did with the zone and the purpose for doing it. 

Presidente Riggins :)

Moving on: We truly saw miracles this week in many ways. We are preparing for the arrival of our newer Apostle, Elder Rasband, with some fun zone-bonding and by ¨walking the road of sanctification.¨ People are shocked when they learn that this Utah boy has never shaken hands with an Apostle and that I´m just as thrilled as them for the opportunity to learn from Him. Lots of studying. If you want inspired answers, you have to start with inspired questions!

In one of the photos is Elder Taylor, he completed a year in the mission, we burned a shirt and made chocolate dipped bananas. Yum. 
Earthquakes have continued. around 5 on the rictor-scale. Not damaging but you feel them and it keeps the people shook up. Lots of nerves. 
We had some baptisms as well :) yay! There were more in other wards that we didn´t get pis of too. Ask me about the conversion of Irina someday.. too complicated to write out. ha, what a testimony builder!  

Don´t remember the verses, but my favorite scriptures this week are found at the end of Luke chapter 6. Check it out.

Getting all ready for the arrival of Elder Rasband 11th of June with a new initiative: SOMOS MORMONES
yea, I painted that with my fingers:)



Here are some fun Baptismal photos from Maria Jose, Irina, and Cristobal.










No comments:

Post a Comment