Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 81 Ecuador

Family & Followers (..if I still have any of those):

Spring skiing is looking very pleasant! Meanwhile, the rainy spring is steady here. No worries, considering the bum-numbing amount of hours I spent in conference this past week we stayed quite dry. 
Last monday in a `new leaders training` with Elder Arellano which was cool because president bought us Pizza after, 
Tuesday in Leadership conference almost all day but we did manage to squeeze in a late Family Home Evening before facing.. 
Zone conference, Interviews with Pres. Riggins and finally our meeting with the Stake president all day wednesday. 

Elder Arellano and I are adapting. Stay Positive! It is his birthday and our sweet investigators Irina and her family are making a special lunch for us! Yum. She also fulfilled a special lasagna request this week  :) 
Sadly, she is still an investigator. When all was ready to go for the baptism she had pains and went to the hospital returning with the shocking news that she is 4 months pregnant!!
I`m just kidding. She told me that lil fib though. Good knews is she only has apendicitis and it will be removed in surgery tomorrow. Baptisms are moved to the 23rd of April. Good news is another good friend of mine, Cristobal 17 years old will also be baptized with Kevin. Looking forward to it. The thought did cross my mind as I sat discouraged Saturday morning awaiting test results for Irina, Who is this girl, or who is she going to become that the opposition seems to be so great against her being baptized!? Kind of got me excited to think that.

The remaining week we saw some spiritual miracles. I`ll be strait forward in saying I doubt a little bit the veracity of ¨rescuing¨ a less active member. Most of them have a spouse that impedes them from progressing in the gospel or they have to drag them around like a sack of potatoes until they eventually get tired and go inactive again. Or, they have a chronic `give-up` mentality when lifes trials come and their beloved missionaries aren`t there to carry them. 
Despite these, God led me to two families who have the stuff. Not some sweet sister the releif society can visit and pray over, i`m talking 1. a former releif society president. 2. A lawyer with a testimony who needed to clear some doubts, old resentments and feel the spirit. 1 visit saturday, he goes to church with us, totally repented, and apologizes for his absence to all of the members then testifies to all the phonies in Elders Quorum about what it means to be a Priesthood bearer and the truthfulness of the Restored Gospel. Wow, someone who is actually going to bless and strengthen the church! They`re out there. My hat is off to you Mauricio.

All of this said, I know that if by any means I was not worthy or didn`t come to the mission God would have sent someone else to find these wonderful people. My point, it all has nothing to do with me. This work will continue to go forth until God says it`s done. I`m grateful for all the things i`m learning about God, his church and the way I want to live my life; all of the cherished friends are a bonus too. Weird to think I`ll be gladly giving it all up to see all of you in August.

Love you all! Keep enjoying Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment