Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 80 Ecuador

Good afternoon! 

So much for the voice-recording. That´s Ok, hand-written letters are better anyways!
🤕 This week I was a little sick for the loss of my brother Elder Estupinan.. It´s ok, he´s chilling with his girls and new I-phone6. I have my new brotha. No but I got really food sick off of some Chinese a kind sister brought me during Saturday afternoon conference. It was delicious, but deadly. I got a blessing of health, drugged up on 1000mg of Ibuprofen and hit the pavement. New man today!
🙅 --cool guy right? Well, I have been 6 days faithful to P90X and it´s kicking my butt. I dished out and bought some protein, see if I can´t come back looking something like I did when I started this blessed journey💪  I don´t want my brothers beating me up, or dad making me look bad on our fall hunting trip.
I swear if you guys are taking advantage of April Fools on me again telling me that I´ll soon have a nephew Imma be real bugged, I won´t be fooled twice on the mission! Just kidding, I believe you. Unfortunately, I didn´t get to play any April fools tricks.. not so fair when the Latinos have no idea what´s going on, better to just keep the peace.
On a real note, possibly thanks to Elder Arellano, who is doing great, and the change of routine we found 2 oooold less active families. Wait, really? I´ve been through the whole ward, how did I miss them? ..well, that´s the thing with less-actives THEY´RE EVERYWHERE! Unlike most, however, they were very happy to see us 😆 We blessed their homes, gave one of the women who had suffered a recent fall and broken arm (the day before) a blessing of health. Best part: they both have family who aren´t members. Yes, I´m certain God knows where to send his missionaries.
With E´ Arellano recently called as a new Zone Leader the Assistants did an exchange with us. I got to hang out with a good friend Elder Suarez and God blessed us in my sector that day with good lessons. Best part, I got to pick my companion up in Babahoyo and, although I didn´t have time to visit everyone I did spot the motorcycle of Hugo (my convert 25 years old) and ran over there to knock on his door. We were thrilled to see each other and what gave me great joy was to see that after 5 months he and I at his baptism are still his screen-saver. He continues preparing to serve a mission of his own next year. What a blessing to have that kind of an influence on someones life.
I went into conference with a lot of questions: 
How do I fulfill with honor the remaining months of my mission? ..I don´t want to miss anything.
How do I manage time with family+work+school+friends+dating+church, etc after the mission?
How will I know where to go, what´s right?
My answer came. Ask God to teach you how to pray and he will show you. Ponder it out in your mind and present it to God. Simple. Just requires Sincerity. Just like the Gospel, it´s pretty simple, just requires sincerity. I love you all, I love life, I love God and His plan.
Stay sincere.
 
and yes, Irina and Kevin and possible others are getting baptized this saturday :)

😇 Love, your Angel in Ecuador

No comments:

Post a Comment