Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 79 Ecuador

Hello my beautiful family! πŸ˜˜
HAPPY EASTER yesterday πŸ‡
Elder Estupinan is flying out at 10:00 tonight. I dropped him off in the office this morning, early, and I am sure I won´t cross his mind again until sometime tomorrow night in TX when he lays down all ALONE in bed and half falls asleep before jumping awake and asking Wilson!!?! Ha, back to the bachelor life.

Irina and Kevin sadly, and maybe a little ironically, had a grandfather pass away the night before their baptism and had to travel Saturday to go to the viewing. To their credit they did wake up very early to make the 4 hour trip back in time to attend church, although I assured them there was a church in Quevedo also. They will be baptized along with whoever else I can round up on the 9th of April. It was interesting how Grandma Matthews also passed away this past week; I pulled out the picture of her from my album with grandpa and showed it to Irina and her family and told them: I know that Jesus Christ was resurrected on that sunday morning and that every one of us with have that priceless gift of life given to each of us. The Gospel is knowledge that empowers, motivates, comforts and guides. 
     I have pondered since, often this week, and I know that the Atonement of our Savior wasn´t realized in 3 short days, rather, it began at the time he was fore-ordained as the Savior of mankind. His love is infinite and our love for Him is what makes us who we are and do what we do. I love to study about his life and the spirit shows me how I can more become like him: a better teacher, friend, son...

Ok well, Good news is Maria Jose did get baptized and she is so filled with the spirit she put everyone else´s testimonies to shaaame in sacrament meeting on Sunday. I baptized her and confirmed her. Tough to describe the feelings those moments bring. We have the goal to go to the Temple with the converts next month.

My mission leader is not able to complete with his calling right now after an interview with the Bishop but he is taking classes with a Psychologist and I know the universal Atonement can help him through a very difficult addiction. I´ve talked to him, and i don´t try to pretend like i know what he is going through, but I reassure him that Christ does.

Easter, and Estupinan´s passing, I had about 3 plates of food for dinner and everyone was calling us over. Yea, we felt loved. Now we´re back to the grind. We have the goal of bringing like 27 investigators to General Conference this weekend! 26 is the missoin record set last fall. I believe πŸ™‹

Time is short.  I feel like President just threw a bomb in my zone and told me ¨Organize That!¨ I am training a new Zone Leader here from Ecuador. 1 new Elder and 4 new sisters. πŸ˜“  πŸ˜¬ 

Love you all. Keep the good vibes alive! 

Elder PK Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment