Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 40 Ecuador

French Toast? :)

Old sewing machine

Mormons have horns;)


Moto-taxi's

The real concrete jungle (not New York)


Missionary work is like Dominoes; I spend a lot of time, effort, and careful planning to set up the perfect parade of spiritual experiences in hopes of a smile, testimony builder or general step toward our Savior. 

However, one twitch, bump or action out of place and the Spirit is cut-off. Understanding is incomplete. Results far less grand. I'm practicing my set-up so the Lord can, in one splendid motion, do something truly fascinating.
I know you all love my dumb analogies;)



6/29/15 (voice recording)
Happy 4th of July!!! Hi family, I hope you’ve had a delightsome morning. I’m sure you’re all headed off to the bowery to have some breakfast action, and maybe watch the Haun girls ride the 4 wheeler through the parade. I’m not sure, Garrett saddle up on the horse or something and go through, that’s pretty sweet. Um, then you’ll probably go over to Huntsville, Huntsville’s a pretty sweet parade. Doesn’t change up a whole lot, but that’s good for me, because I know everything that you’re going to see, and everything that’s going to go on there. Shoot, doesn’t mean that I won’t miss it though. Tell everyone in the ward, and everyone that I love ‘em and I miss ‘em. I’ll be celebrating soon enough. I don’t know what I’m going to do here. I’ll be working that day, and my district, the missionaries that I’m working with, they have a baptism that day, so we’ll probably go over there and support them. I actually put the baptismal date with that family. They’re pretty sweet. I’m not going to have my own baptism, it fell, they didn’t go to church, but hey, let’s look at the positive side of everything. If I can find some fireworks, I’ll probably shoot ‘em off, or a BBQ, or a something. I don’t know, my options are pretty limited here, but ya know, if worst comes to worst I’ll walk around with a smile on my face, and pride in my heart, and sing American songs to Ecuador. That’s how we do it here. 
This week I’m going to the temple Wednesday morning, so I’m super excited for that. I always love that experience. I’m going to go do more of our family endowments, if the other missionaries will help me out. I’m sure it will be awesome. 
Next week Papa Francisco from the Catholic church is coming to Ecuador, so that’s a huge deal. I question if we’re going to be successful in our efforts to teach anyone, because everyone thinks they’re Catholic here. 30,000 people are going to be entering the city of Quito where he’s going to be, to listen to him. All the rest of the people will be watching him on their TV’s. So, I don’t know. I’m sure the president will tell us what to do that day. We’ll probably just go out and work, hope for the best. 
Alright, I’ll leave you to enjoy your day. Don’t lie around pouting because I’m not there;) Maybe think of me on one firework of the night, but enjoy your finale all the same. No, I love those fireworks in Huntsville! Send me photos of the family. Do some leg wrestling contests or something that we would do if I was there. Garrett you can invite a girl over to lay on the blanket with you at the feet of mom and dad, next to Bryan and Darby and watch the fireworks. That would be pretty sweet. ha 
Anyways, Love you all. Have a wonderful day. God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment