Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 39 Ecuador

Let`s start this off right, though I am a day behind, Happy Fathers Day DAD!! and all of the great ward members, coaches and men that have had an influence on me becoming who I am.
(John 8:28-29) ¨I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me.¨
...¨I do always those things that please Him.¨
This week I met a truly confused man who despised me because I am American. Huh? ..He was real mixed up with political jazz and threw it out on the church. I shared what I could and went on my way. Eye-opener. and testifier: (Matthew 15:14) - The blind will lead the blind and they`ll fall.
Better note: A member made a delicious lasagna this week for lunch, and invited her investigating cousin over. 26, 2 kids, 7 years living with her boyfriend, gorgeous... Bro, put a ring on it and keep her a while.
What`s new: spent my P.Day morning helping the sisters change houses with ALL of the furniture and their possessions. Whew, well their new house is nice!
Allergy season in Ecuador:/
I head this story once upon a time and it came to mind this past week, describing a few current feelings I wrote my version:
¨The Lord once came to a man and commanded him to push upon a boulder. The faithful man hastened to the work pushing with diligence against fatigue, thirst and heat; the man thought of levers and other strategies to accomplish his design but became discouraged due to the lack of progress.
A time passed and the Lord returned to this man, still pushing upon the rock. Exhausted and ashamed the man gave an account of his work, then apologized that despite all he was unable to move the rock that he had failed. The lord smiled at His servant and at His side thanked him for the work he`d done. He said my son, my friend, I never asked you to move the boulder - simply to push upon it; this you have done and I congradulate you for the strength, inteligence and character you`ve developed. Come, and rest a while with me.¨
Thank goodness His work is so much greater than pushing upon boulders. No effort wasted; Do his work and let it work in you.
Keep on pushing:)

Trying to be like Elder Tesch;)

Ward parties in Ecuador...starts at 7:00, currently 7:40, vacant, I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment