Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 41 Ecuador

What can I report...much of the same, same sector, same companion, same P90X Plyometrics workout kicking my butt..
Oh, I can officially say that I got robbed, but don`t get your nerves up. I was asleep. Traveling via bus for my intercambio half hour away I fell asleep and someone took my bag off the upper-shelf with my bathroom supplies. All replacable. (except my garments? uh-oh.)
I did wake myself up this week and walk myself into the Temple for a lovely session where 9 more of my oldest ancestors (1600`s) originally from Denmark and Norway received their endownments. I bet they do pretty good mission work up there...all the same, we have to keep it up here, so president graciously gave us a few pointers:
Firstly, Be self-sufficient and remember Our primary source of help is Heavenly Father.
Secondly, God will not command in all things so that we learn to make our decisions (no one tells me how to run my sector) The goal: He teaches us correct principles and we govern ourselves! (D&C 58:26)
Lots of interviews for baptism this week made for a great 4th of July - God bless America! :) Among those interviews was the wife of a once well-respected pastor in an Evangelist group who recently received the Priesthood from President Riggins. She came in still uncertain of my authority, her baptism, and all guards up. We prayed, I prayed again, told a dumb joke, then the Spirit went to work! She was baptized and they are some of the most powerful converts I`ve ever seen!
Later I realized President had called me out on a situation to practice in front of everyone. Pressure, but that practice was pure revelation for what I would need to know in that interview. So grateful for the spirit who helps us trust in the Lord; that the woman could see a 19 year old boy with broken spanish as a representative of Christ and I could see her heart.
Last but not least I was a welcome guest at a wedding reception for Mrs Comboza. Daughter of my converts. They have always treated me like one of their own and others are accepting also (probably all whispering why are the Elders here and, Oh, hide the Alcohol) haha. For once I wasn`t sticking out like a sore-thumb in a shirt and tie! Hope to see them find their way to the church one day. I did offer an opening prayer on request, blessed the food, not the beer, and the couple. I even got my BBQ chicken dinner...I`ll have to wait for smoked ribs. Spent the next half hour keeping the best-man from his responsibilities; Adrian, is a marine biologist, bro has some sweet stories and photos- not a bad bachelor life.
Although my bachelor life isn`t quite in line with the American dream, I want you all to know I love serving as a missionary and thank all those who support me back in the USA, our home.sweet.home
Love,
Elder Wilson

My investigator and I sweating our huevos off in church.

Famous Milagro Pina

No comments:

Post a Comment