Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, June 15, 2015

Week 38 Ecuador

What`s new my family, what`s new... We got a new investigator thanks to a referal from a future missionary (Franklin Astudillo who`s going to Chile) to teach his girlfriends family. That`s brave. It`s been good though and I`ve definately felt the spirit in the last lesson, though they`re a little hesitant to drop their religion, social ties and all... Ok, little by little.

Another problem is people aren`t too dependable. I was never too big on associating myself with things in which the success greatly rests on others. Truth is, people will let you down time and time again, but you can`t do it alone either. Keep trying, when they learn to see as you see, then you`ve done something bigger than yourself.

I`m fighting like crazy to fill up my 4th of July baptism slots. Hopes are slim, but there`s hope! Trouble is...people aren`t too fond of going to church. The teacher skipped to go DJ a party. Seriously? s`all good. I figured out being unprepared led to a super-good leason testifying to me that the spirit will speak through you. No irony that we happened to be teaching that week on the Holy Ghost. 

People in the ward (two to be exact) are making comments about my time here; yes, I`m hoping for a change soon too, ha. The new word for Gringo here is Yankee? Not sure where that came from...not sure I even know enough history to state if 
I`m a true Yankee or not!? But hey, we`ll roll with it.

(D&C 84:57) Came across this scripture passage this past week, and it has fueled my desire to remind all members of the necessity of living the principles of the gospel, and the blessings it will bring! Honestly, we cannot see the full blessings of the gospel nor will the church reach its full potential until we do so.

Quotes&Scriptures of the week:
We`re trying, we`re keeping our heads up. After all, ¨I`m not a saint, that is to say, unless you believe that a saint is a sinner who keeps trying.¨ Nelson Mandela.
Mosiah 2:22 all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments.
1Samuel 18:14 ¨David behaved himself wisely in all his ways and the Lord was with him.¨
¨Good decisions don`t make life easy, but they do make it easier.¨ Larry Gelwix

Love you Family. Keep making good decisions and the lord will be with you!

-Elder Wilson

Uh...I guess as far as pictures go, it turned out to be a Chinese, Deluxe fried-egg sandwich, Subway "selfie" type week!? There ya go!


No comments:

Post a Comment