Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 86 Ecuador

Dearest Family,

Not an easy week starting out here in Naranjito.. We were sadly left with little information about the families the missionaries were formerly teaching here and the members knew little more. But, we are finding them and they love us! Really humble people. Sometimes very poor too. It reminds me a bit of Quevedo starting out my mission.

The bisopbric went out with us to do visits one day and just having families to teach brought the sunshine out! ..we were lost for  a couple of days. not to mention we are in a small town with little ¨villages¨ about 1.5 hours on bus away from the other missionaries in the Zone. Thats a long trip to make, especially twice this past week. 

No baptisms in sight but this week we´ll start adding them up! Really having lots of fun and learning from this new experience. Thrilled to be working with one of my long-time mission friends Elder Coleman. I know the more I come to know this area the more I will love it. The Elders in the Zone are solid guys, definately time we reached our Zone Goal and feast with Pres. Riggins to celebrate! No sisters in this area.. Hm, I kind of like that. 

The Disrict President invited us to dinner last night and he lives waaayyy out on a farm. We ate dinner and did a Family Home Evening with a less active family. Riding in the back of the truck at night through sugar and corn fields, stars, cool air.. wow, cool moment. President reminds me a lot of Pres. Rigby from the stake, just a little less out-spoken. 

PS.. I met an Ostrich 😯 I was kind of scared.
...hard goodbye right there.
no worries, I'll find my way back.






No comments:

Post a Comment