Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 58 Ecuador

Bishop Shaum,

Thank you for allowing me to give a breif testimony on what three things we as members of the Eden 1st ward can do to become more converted to the Savior and strengthen our families.

"The Lord has outlined the steps we should follow to draw near unto him:  seek through the scriptures, ask through prayer, knock through obedience."  ---J. Thomas Fyans

As a missionary I study the Doctrines of Christ and motivational applications of such a minimum of 2 hours every day. I wish every member of the church had time to dedicate to this type of study, but that`s not often the case. Nevertheless, I know the Scriptures were written to provide light of instruction and comfort to Latter-Day Saints _ today. The ability to effectively study the scriptures is the first step to becoming a firmly-rooted and self-sufficient member of the church and society.

Without revelation the church is just another pretty meeting house in which to congregate and sing feel-good praises. If we want guidance in our lives we must learn how to pray with real intent. Not the dreamy bowed over prayer with my head resting on my taunting bed_ but a prayer with purpose. Pray to give thanks, for your needs, for the needs of others, and pray with specific questions to which God can give specific direction; that will require making a game-plan which you can talk over with our Heavenly Father and being in-tune with the adjustments he may want to make.

May I testify, especially to the Priesthood who were privileged to listen to President Monson`s talk last General Priesthood session, that obedience brings blessings. By obedience to our loving Heavenly Fathers counsel we can truly call down the blessings of heaven upon our families. I`m proud to say I can`t tell you much of what happens on the contrary, but I continually see the assistance of He whose work I am performing when I seek to do His will. Clearly, that requires putting my personal interests in second place and focusing on my duty. It requires Sincerity. Whatever good thing you feel God is asking you to do, Do with full purpose of heart.

Anyone still doubting their level of conversion? Go out and work with the Missionaries for a day.
Love,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment