Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 42 Ecuador

 
  

 Thanks for praying for me. I got my long-awaited change and am now in Duran, a little closer to the Big city, but we`ll see this week how the ward and area are. You hear what you hear but who really knows. Of course I was called out of my last sector the week I had a baptism and 4 other dates lined up for following weeks but hey, that`s the work! I`m excited to see the results pull-off there. 

New companion is Elder Vargas from Bolivia, Cochabamba. He has 4 months in the mission and is a little more timid I feel like, but we`ll get him warmed up in no time. Assistants told me to enjoy my final stretch of preparation before the big-leagues. Um.. I won`t make assumptions to what that means, just roll with it. 

I left a lot of cool families, converts, and maybe most dear to me a few rescued less-actives. Dad, the photo of me with the man, His name is Maximilio, but he reminds me so much of you. I felt like somehow I was rescuing My Dad! (in theory). I had my final lesson with them this past week and the spirit was powerful. They thanked me for being not only a teacher but a motivator and a friend, for helping them find reason and blessings once again. Wow how this man changed! Pacheco. 3 months. Rescued. Adios.

I`ll share an answer I received in one of my studies this week: I have before voiced and retained in my mind what I believed to be a discouraging fact of the mission, it`s not equal. Unlike sports, academics or former employment where my efforts are justly recompensed with championships, scholarships or money the mission has time and time again left me in debt; hours of thought, planning and educating people to make correct decisions too often results in another teaching record moved to the area books` dropped investigators file. We`ll recognize the agency of these people, even the sad truth that some who receive a spiritual confirmation may deny it, and leave it at that. I have received an anser that we ¨Be not deceived; God is not mocked.¨ (Galatians 6:7) Other scriptures likewise prove you get out of it what you put in 
(2 Corinthians 9:6) - it`s fair. God will keep his part when we live up to ours, but it would be a mock of an unjust God that he all the same bless us if we have neglected our duty. Thus, ¨Fear not to do good, My sons,¨ we have Gods promise. Let no effort be in vain. 

Not much for communication with home today, but I`m excited to be in a new sector and see what awaits me. We are going to work with the Lord and make things happen.
Wishing you all an excellent week :)

Elder Wilson











No comments:

Post a Comment