Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, May 18, 2015

Week 34 Ecuador

   (9 Months) 
    Today I got dropped into a new zone, new District; back to leading Hermanas! that´s rough.. Well, the work changes a lot when you realize...no one is showing progress. We´re going back to the drawing board like never before. My question still remains, How do I create a desire in someone to receive the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ? I guess until I can answer that one I´ll just have to keep the Spririt close by, maybe they´ll feel something. I am taking advantage of the FamilySearch program that´s so awesome and I´m going to do a mission activity for the stake teaching about Family HIstory and how to create accounts and all. Hopefully we can draw in the interest of some less-actives and new investigators.
What´s new? well...you see something new almost every day in Ecuador. Often times you´d rather not. All the same, Here I am.
I know what I want to be ¨when I grow up,¨ in the mission at least. Remember Elder Shephard? Sitting in Buena Fe eating pizza waiting for a way home at 21:00 after interviews? Sweet. He got called as a traveling assistant of the President. (free to travel the mission doing intercambios..) We already went out working together, good deal, I bailed just in time though as the biggest rainstorm in my history in Milagro rolled in. It was cool! Bad thing: Lots of nasty flooded houses With Families!! Does no one have a pump and sand-bags here? Service time.
Word of the week: Soberness. Never fully comprehended this word entirely, my fast this week shot me a good idea though. I taught differently that day and I felt the spirit again as I did. 
Cool experience: Listen; something the people say will open a door to bear testimony of a gospel principle. A contact, busy mom washing clothes, told us ¨mormons¨ off expressing her dislike. I told her in 1 minute I could change her mind; pshhh, what did I say? Ok. I spoke of my family, asked about hers, and discovered great concerns over 1 son in prison, another in rehabilitation, and a 9 year old daughter who passed away. I made some great promises in a simple testimony. She´s interested. Thanks, Lord, for backing me up again.

Daniel got his mission call to Argentina, representing Ecuador!

Rain keeps coming down hard, too lazy to carry an umbrella most of the time;) Elder Morga left his window open too! Uh-oh, anyone have a blow dryer?

Goodbye to zone-leaders, my zone got blown-up! Back to being a district leader of Hermanas (that's rough).

Trying to bring Rome back to life in my companionship study (this is what happens on Monday-studies...little less in depth, more "hands-on")

No comments:

Post a Comment