Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Week 31 Ecuador


What a goodbye.. Elder Melzer is off to another sector and I`m training in my sector, Apolo. Happy to be here. I tell you what, I don`t get nervous for lessons, talks in church, singing or district meetings, but you want to put a new missionary in my hands? I was nervous, just for a minute ;)
All is well. I`m hoping to keep the good vibes rolling all the while practicing my patience in this process of training.  
Take care

4/27/15 voice message
Buenos Dias friends and family. We have another lovely Monday morning, another week behind us, and a new companion Elder Morga. Ya, I said it...a new companion. Elder Mezler and I thought we made it through another combio this past Monday as the day came to an end and we still hadn’t received a call, but I guess they changed up combios a little bit in the mission. I got a call late Monday night that I would be traveling with Elder Mezler to Guayaquil Tuesday, where I left him, returned here with another trainer, to my sector to work for the day, then we went back for the night, and slept in the temple. I had another excellent experience, the opportunity to go through the temple on Wednesday morning, and go to the president’s house for a meeting where we also received our new companions. I am training I guess you could say. My companion like I said is Elder Morga from Honduras. He served 14 months in Peru before he got kicked out because of Visa issues, then he waited 9 months at his house, and now he’s back here in the mission in Ecuador. I’m going to show him the ropes, teach him a few things. We’re going to go through the 12 week training program again, so we’ll have 3 months together minimum. Should be a great opportunity to review things, and set some long term goals for the bario, sorry the ward Apolo here. 
On another fantastic side note, I have completed 20 family names in the temple. Going through this past week, some of the new guys, and my buddies that I came here to the mission with helped me out with those names. The president, he did one too. He was super excited. He was glad that I was doing that work. I can’t describe the feeling, I’m so happy knowing those names are getting done, it’s fun to do it. The promise that we received from the apostles, the prophets...when we do our own genealogical work in the temples it will be that much greater of an experience, we’ll have that much more power, that much greater of blessings. I had a few questions as I went to the temple this time, I was thinking a lot, and I ended up asking President Riggins as I had the opportunity later on that day during lunch. He was willing to respond and I learned a ton, but probably not things that I’m just going to through out over a voice recording to all of the world, but I’m learning a lot. It’s really cool.
We got home really late Wednesday night. Thursday morning we headed out to the district meeting. I feel that it went well as I taught, or rather conveyed the teachings of President from the day before concerning the true God, as we know there only is one.  He is very confused in the thoughts and teachings of many churches today. 
  Unfortunately two of my Elders were in Guayaquil for skin infections. That’s disgusting. I never want to go stay in their house ever again now, but we’ll carry on. That following day was also the birthday of Elder Morga. He told me a little late, all I had was a little sucker ring pop left over from my own birthday that I gave him. We had a little celebration. He racked up 22 years...he’s an old fart. 
I did another baptismal interview this week. It was with a young man. He is only 13 years old, but at the same time I enjoy the added perspective that those interviews bring. He will now join his mom and sister as a member in the church. 
P.S. again, I’m eating Frosted Flakes that Elder Mezler left. I’m pretty sure they’re two times as sugary here in Ecuador, which would explain the sugar and alcohol which leads to all the diabetic and diabolic people. The majority honestly I feel in this country. 
As a district I feel the work is going really well. I think the missionaries in ? are going to have some upcoming baptisms as well as the zone leaders. For my own sector I don’t know how much I can say. It’s struggling right now, but at least we’re having success in other areas. I’m killing it in rescuing, finding all the less actives and bringing them back. It really is hard work right there, but talking with men of our stake, I have a pretty good idea of a plan to strengthen this ward that I’m going to throw out to the consejo?
 Anyways, enough about that. You all probably want to know a little bit more about Elder Morga. I would too, honestly. I don’t have much to tell ya. He’s wearing a teal blue shirt right now for pday, and some jeans. He’s...I honestly don’t know what to tell ya. I’ll have to feel you in as experiences come along. Alright, that’s going to wrap up another week, and we’re looking forward for a better. I love you all. Take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment