Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 30 Ecuador

It has been a week of testing concerning all things that have to do with the work. I had to ask someone for coordinates in case I had by chance been dropped into some part of Europe! The search for quality converts is a laborious and patient process, though all the while so simple; I know if people will search the scriptures and pray they will receive the vital and promised testimony by the Holy Ghost. Well, a testimony tester, a gut-check you could say; back to the planning board.
Concerning all things that don`t exactly fall under a key indicator of the work of salvation, Excellent!
Ask and ye shall receive: we`ve been looking for service opportunities to build relationships here, be seen by the people and gain trust: Bingo! We got busy with machette`s, moving furniture, preparing cocoa and more. Meanwhile the thunderstorms have been equally abundant - I like sleeping with the rain though, it usually quiets down all the partiers and their music too. Mom & Dad- remember why we didn`t go to the sandunes on all the popular holiday weekends? all the partiers and music right? whew, I will have no problem after the regulars here in Ecuador. The only time the city rests is from 2-5 o´clock in the afternoon when I want to go teach them all. 
with that.. we got invited to go to the farm for a day, then later to the Peninsula aka. sandy beaches for a day.. with all the success we`d been having: tempting. Nevertheless, carry on :)
Our hot-water wires caught on fire in my morning shower. Exciting. We got to play electrition and repair it with some electric tape and such. Fingers crossed. 
I´ve been given the opportunity the past months to teach Gospel Principles and love it. Teaching and studying the basics is the greatest testimony builder I could ask for. I also got to participate in the sacrament program: youth speaker, youth speaker, and me; Eh-em... we pulled out 25 minutes studying the Parable of the Talents and making some excellent applications, it was fun!
Best service? A less active famly`s bamboo house fell down as the foundation sank in wet soil. WE helped them carry broken down beds, filthy furniture, and what little they posessed into what had been reconstructed that day. Under their guide we worked in shirts & ties, unthanked as passed the day, but I have no concerns over that. Though I sadly ask.. where was the ward?
The President allowed us to travel to the temple with our ward this week, so grateful we have the temple accessable in our mission. After supervising some baptismal work we headed upstairs for a session and 4 of my personal family names were completed. A fantastic experience seeing them completed after nearly a year of work since I found an interest in geneological work. It has been a great testimony builder for me with all accompanying experiences and blessings.
My attention was continually drawn to the Father: His Love, power, majesty.. as well as to the families which began with Adam and Eve and continue flourishing under the Covenant, or rather obedience to, God has mercifully made with us. No greater joy or peace.
Elder Wilson


Family Home Evening

Iguanas on the river.


Chariot of Apolo;)
 I asked this dude if I could hop up and take a pic. He was cool; he hauls bamboo around on this for work? ha, Ok.

Making cocoa.

Pull up contest. I won, but I won't share how many I got...

Taking advantage of the teeter-totter waiting for a lesson.

Went for a hike! No crocodiles...oh well, we tried. Fun to get away from everything for a minute.




Twinners for the temple.

Temple trip with the ward.


Kids make kites here and fly them, sweat:) I should learn how...

Elder Galvan

No comments:

Post a Comment