Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 9 Ecuador

Wait, when did I leave home again? Like a month ago right? story of the mission right? Live it up ;)

Hi Everyone,
Get excited for two baptisms and a trip to the Temple this week!! Hurry and hop aboard, God´s shooting out the blessings! Really though, the process with an Investigator growing together and preparing for baptism is an unrivaled experience. Likewise with any recent convert or less active that you get to remind how incredible the Gospel of Jesus Christ is, and then take them to the Temple! It´s not easy, but it´s worth it!
The Mission is definitely a rollercoaster of ups and downs. Emotions, lives, all is in play. Sometimes you run into some pretty big ruts; I swear I can literally watch the adversary working against us some days. This week we were rejected, I got attacked by a dog while the owners laughed, one of our investigators crashed his motorcycle and is bed-ridden for a while, another for which we recently installed electricity was beat up and His power-line cut by drug dealers who needed the area dark, and to put the cherry on top my first baptism who we´ve continued to teach and has been great approached me at church out of the blue and called me the devil, cussed me out for being a rich, disrespectful, and rude; that everything I had taught was false and I was trying to destroy her ... It goes on but you get the idea, woah. How do you deal with, answer that one? I don´t know, I was trying to figure it out but was told by my mission leader not to visit her anymore. Does any of that affect me? Definately, for a minute; then you do what you can and move on. That´s the mission. 

The Great part of the mission though, the part that makes it all worth it, are the prayers answered. When you work with all your ¨heart, might, mind and strength¨ and are rewarded with a family who is ready for your message; with 4 new investigators; with the opportunity to bless the lives of someone else because of the Priesthood power you are able to exercise. The mission is amazing, the Lord watches over His servants; those who love Him.

Hope Thanksgiving brings all of you lots of great food, family time, and gratitude! I´m so grateful for the Gospel, to be doing what I am, and for all of you. Sending love and thanks,

Elder Wilson

Darby's not the only artist in the family;) Hah, not all that impressive. But thought I'd share my doodle.

Does the picture do justice? This hill is a booger...feel like I'm hunting up Farmington Peak every time I go up it!

Christmas made it to my Casa! Rachel Munford is the sweetest girl ever and sent me this personal Christmas tree with pictures and ornaments. The latino's were a little wierded out, but they like it now. I proudly hung it on our front door, where it will stay until...I leave probably. ha! Best Christmas tree ever.

Cool house I found contacting in a new area!

Though it's not baseball...sorry Bryan. Only soccer in this country. You will find in the middle of farm fields, trees, the only real soccer field I've seen thus far in Ecuador. Sweet discovery. Cool bamboo goals.

Elder Juanes celebrated 18 months this week. We went out for some street food and shoot, it was pretty good. I could have been eating Javier's minus the chips and salsa for only $2.50 ;)

A week late, but I got around to it. I'm 3 stories up with 3 months down! Never seen so far. #Missionary2014

No comments:

Post a Comment