Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Week 4 Mexico CCM

Hola Mi Familia!! This has been yet another great week. And truly the best so far, though not much has changed to report. I live for the opportunities I have to teach here; it is certainly my favorite thing. And sitting here in regular clothes emailing is pretty awesome also. My morning teacher Hermano Sanchez and I have gotten pretty close. I found out he is also Parker Langeveld´s and Blake Stevensons evening teacher so we´re going to try pulling some jokes on him. They always tell him stories about me though (my black belt, football, motorcycles and other things) so he is always asking me questions. He thinks it is all so awesome. On the down side of this week I said goodbye for a while to my long time friend Brayden Montgomery who is now in Texas. Good for him; saying goodbye wasn´t nearly as hard as watching him get out of here as I went back to class though... ha

I finished Russel M Ballards book Our Search For Happiness which was excellent! I was able to look at doctrine from different views which is really important when you are trying to apply it to numerous situations in peoples lives. I wouldnt hesitate in recommending it to every investigator as well as Member [though it is not written directly to members]. I have already begun a new book about the Atonement called Believe Christ. Loving it so far. I enjoy the time I have to learn from these books and even more so the scriptures like never before! One great blessing of a Mission.

I would like to mention my testimony of Fasting. this past sunday I fasted to be better able to recognize spiritual promptings. As always, today was excessively long and the Fast didnt help though I am grateful I did! The Spirit is the only way we can teach this Gospel effectively and touch other people and I can tell you that the Lord has answered my prayers since as I have felt a greater companionship of the Spirit. How great of a feeling that is. I am not saying I walk around glowing and whispering with the Holy Ghost but I would challenge others to listen for his guidance in their lives more. I was pleasantly suprised by the regularity he is willing to enlighten your thoughts in study, guide your actions, and answer prayers. Through His direction is the only way I know to be able to become the Missionary he needs me to be.

So, only two more sundays in Mexico City! Like.. forever probably. Not too much heartache there though, I cant wait for the many that await me in Ecuador!! I was able to share my testimony in Sacrament about eternal families and other things. Sadly I believe I was the only one who shared a personal experience out of an entire Zone of missionaries. Someone needs to teach them the importance of sharing personal experiences..

Wow did we have a devotional this week!! Not much will ever top Elder Holland until I see Christ descending to teach me. If anyone in this training center forgot what their purpose is here.. They were certainly given a Bold reminder tuesday evening! [Helaman 5] teach with Power and Authority! I received a greater knowledge that we are the final dispensation preparing the world for the return of our Savior and the importance of it. I know exactly why i am out here and I will work as hard as I can for as long as I can until the Lord says its time because thats what ive been called to do and what the Lord expects of me. 
Mormon 8.. He saw our day. I have no doubt of the power of the Book of Mormon and that it was written for us.
Alma 34.. In case anyone forgot, Here is the purpose of this life. To prepare to meet God. again.
Alma 57.. Strippling Warriors. In case anyone needed a Faith Booster. 
Alma 48.. Captain Moroni is called to command Armies, to be a leader among men. How much I look up to him. But then again, what am I doing? Certainly my best to lead this world to what is right, at about the same young age Moroni was called. 

I want to reiterate that this gospel is An Invitation To All to Come Unto Christ. I am called to preach His gospel with power and authority, relying on the Holy Ghost to do so. Thus in a sense Christ, or at least his representatives stand at your Door and knock, Christ is always there, But you must let him in. His plan of mercy is extended to all and through it we can have eternal Joy. Nevertheless, the choice is ours to accept it.
''Every man is eventually backed up to the wall of Faith, and there he must make his stand." /A witness and warning.

In the spirit of Patriotism, being Mexicos independence day this coming monday the 15th, I began singing God Bless America one evening outside on a bench and was soon joined by 5 others. Whats funny is a group of natives started cheering and came up to us wanting to take pictures and talk. I think they kind of idolize us.. But they are funny. and hey! I made more native friends so thats always good.
I cant close this letter without mentioning the tender feelings that accompany September 11th. Being away from it, I miss my Ogden Valley and furthermore my country! I think of the miracles performed by our Founding Fathers certainly with Gods hand in creating a promised land where all would be protected if we would remember him as well as a land that would permit, though not without persecution, the establishment and restoration of His gospel. I would give thanks to those men and women who protect our freedoms and a solemn remembrance of those effected by the Terrorist attack of 9/11. There is a lot of bad out there. But that doesnt mean there is still not a lot of good. God Bless America. And may those who live there always strive to be worthy of his Blessings.  Until next week, 

Elder Wilson






No comments:

Post a Comment