Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Week 3 Mexico CCM

Not to say I don´t love it here in the Mexico City CCM, I mean the girls are beautiful, the food is great, and the weather is a daily suprise! Oh and the power goes out frequently (cross your fingers not while i´m writing this). But oh how I´m looking forward to meeting those people, animals, food, and other adventures in Ecuador!!
I´m getting excited from all of the rumors of what this Independence Day of Mexico fiesta on the 15th is cracked up to be! People are already decorating the CCM for it too! They don´t mess around. We´ll see when it comes though, America and the 4th might have to step it up.
This week was full of spiritual growth as I´ve had awesome experiences and strengthened my testimony of prayer. I felt inspired to try and write a little poem also which i´ll share.

Have you ever woken up
 and taken a good look within, 
only to find your flame burned out,
no desire left to win?

Did you lose yourself in this temporal world?
Were you ever shown the way?
Come listen to my words, Brother, 
Let me teach you how to Pray.

You have a Heavenly Father who loves you
and a Brother who paved the way,
That we could come to earth to learn and grow
Then return to Him one day.

But Fear not Dear Friend,
Oh be not in dismay;
Our Lord, God, will help you,
All you have to do is Pray.

Let me tell you of our Savior,
Our Shepard, The Great I am;
Who lives, loves, and Died for us
His eternal family, and you are his lamb.

I´ve been raised in the light of His Gospel
and prayed to know it´s true,
Now I represent Him here today
As I share this knowledge with you.

Thus take this book and read it through,
Come hear what I have to say;
And when you´re ready to know it´s true,
Just get on your knees and pray.

-Elder Wilson

I was also able to give a talk in sacrament meeting (in spanish, as everything is) on relying on the Holy Ghost. What a great teaching lesson that was for me as this was the same advice my stake counselor gave me at my setting apart three weeks ago. Coincidence? ..It went well and I strive every day to rely on the lord. Letting him work through me to touch others. That´s the only way to be a successful missionary.

I feel like a talk about Faith a lot. But if I do it is only as a result of the incredible stories of those who have gone before me to make this opportunity I have to share the gospel possible. From the times of the Book of Mormon which I learn more about each week to Joseph Smith and the Pioneers; the building of the Salt Lake Temple; the miracle and blessing of all our temples today. I love these Giants of Faith. I often wonder what I would have done in their situations.. Regardless, Faith is essential to overcome everything from our daily challenges to what is soon to come in God´s eternal plan.

One more quick spiritual boost. I apologize if I am being excessive, but understand what I do every minute of my life. Journal entry September 1st: Mankind, those of the Devil and of this world, have killed the Son of God, tortured, burned, and cast out his Prophets, persecuted his saints; The world is full of sorrow and heartache. We do not know why this is so, we do not fully comprehend the dealings of God. But we can have Peace. The Son of Man has descended below all this world, and risen again to overcome it! WE are told to ¨Fear not what man can do, For God shall be with you forever and ever.¨(D&C 122)  He loves us, and has a plan for us. Be humble even like Christ who gave himself willingly to the world, a sacrifice for sin. ¨There are many called, But few are chosen.¨(D&C 121)

More and more opportunities to teach real people with real problems!! It isn´t difficult to feel a Love for these people when you talk about their lives and teach them by the spirit. I had one exceptional experience Wednesday night which i´ll share a little about.
My companion and I had the amazing opportunity of teaching an inactive older woman. She spoke fast expressing her concerns to us and sometimes we didn´t understand, But we expressed genuine concern and did our very best to answer he questions. What made this meeting special however, is when I invited her to attend church. Something I know she hadn´t heard in a long time. She didn´t even know she could!! How important it is to reach out to others. The spirit touched her as we poured out our testimonies of God´s love for her, the atonement, and the happiness and direction she can have in her life once again. The tears welled up in her eyes and I didn´t want to leave as she gave our closing prayer which I thanked her for afterward and confirmed that it was Beautiful!
She wrote a note and gave it to our teacher that evening; her words were these: (in my best possible english translation) Ï felt great peace adn happiness from the spirit you brought. you helped me remember that my Heavenly Father loves me and that I need him. I am going to attend church and renew my covenants. I will pray to receive peace and direction in my life. Thank you for helping me remember, I will return and listen to you again.¨
It´s not difficult to feel the spirit in such circumstances or feel a genuine love for a woman like that who only needed a 20 minute reminder, invitation, opportunity or whatever it was to feel the spirit. Elder Wilson, welcome to missionary work! 

I end with my love for all of those who support me out here and especially my family. I hope to get some awesome pictures this coming week of the Independence Day Fiesta!! For now, Have a fantastic week! Best of wishes to all of you back at home. Love and miss you all, 

Elder Wilson




No comments:

Post a Comment