Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 73 Ecuador

Buenos Dias!

Glad many of you are joining me in the warm weather and Sunshine, feels great to get out in some shorts and flip-flops! Way to play your hearts out. Good luck on the Championship Bracket! Elder Estupinan and I are a little famous now in the community, all of the local basketball players know that we meet up at the park to play basketball at 4:00 every monday and they come to challenge us. Yes, I said Basketball; not my greatest sport but we`re still undefeated! 

All of the youth are on their ¨summer vacation¨ until the end of April. Keep studying hard and yours will be coming up. 

This week we did work, literally. Two exchanges with the District Leaders turned out for a lot of new Baptismal Dates! Only trouble is that many of the new people we are finding in the Zone just don`t want to go to church _ different culture down here. Many people work on Sunday or that is their only day to rest and do what they want to! No wonder my most used scripture is (Isaiah 58:13-14). Hard working people. Makes it tough though when they have to go to church at least three times to be baptized though.

I tried out one of those Segway things that has the two wheels you ride around on by leaning, I was pretty good at it and I want one! ha, no I don`t know how practical they are but it was fun. Elder Estupinan doesn`t have such a great center of balance and was off the Segway and on his back as quick as he got on! Whooop, ok, time to put that away haha.

Our Baptisms went very well and i can truly say I haven`t laughed so much as I have helping these two 16 year olds prepare for such an incredible moment. The youth here are powerful, I know they are in UT also. Elder Holland came to Quito this weekend and rumor has it our mission will be visited by an Asostle in June. Let`s hope they have time! Anyways, I didn`t do the baptisms but I did give a talk and SANG ¨If the Savior stood beside me¨ with a young women from the ward who has a beautiful voice and really saved us.
.. Next baptisms: Potentials for the 27th of this month and a solid family on the 5th of March_this family is a miracle I`ll save for a future story.

Touching on the biggest points, we went fishing today in a nearby river with a member who has some fishing poles. Only thing is these poles are for the Ocean, deep-sea style (as he has won several competitions in that department) so I opted to fish with line by had with a hook, weight, and shrimp tied on the end. Result: only catch of the day -- he`s a lot bigger in real life  ;)   ok, so maybe not mom`s 18¨ trout but the whole ¨Nino¨ with high dirty currents didn`t help either.

So, keep living it up and I`ll continue striving to live up to my special calling! I`m full of gratitude to have reached 18 months this week and 30 Baptisms!! 

Love you all



No comments:

Post a Comment