Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 69 Ecuador

Hi Family!

President was back in town a couple of days this week for Missionary Interviews which leads us to a couple of cool stories:

1. President brought us lunch one day, spaghetti, good stuff. So I was chowing down on my spaghetti and an Elder throws out a pretty comic joke, causing me to rocket-propel chewed up food into my nasal passage_ouch! The aftermath of blowing this stuff out my nose for the next few minutes was truly a grossly memorable experience. No worries, I excused myself from the table. 

2. Miracles exist. I got a call one afternoon from a missionary in our Zone saying that the Stake Presidents parents (now in their sixties) wanted to have a baptismal interview. woah.. ok!? So I went, a little nervous I'll be honest but I listened to the husband and then watched his wife cry as she bore her testimony of a real life miracle. Her father now in his late 80's was diagnosed with stomach cancer 4 months ago and she is the only daughter left. She told God that if he would heal her Dads cancer she would follow him faithfully the rest of her life. President Riggins came out to watch the Stake President, a member for 18 years, baptize his parents last friday. Most spiritual service I've been a part of so far.

Following day I got a call from Elder Albrecht in Babahoyo saying that Iliana and Borris Benites wanted me to baptize them that night. I found and had been teaching them for a couple of weeks before I was changed. Well, I couldnt go; all the same they are happily baptized  :)

..that's it for a few fun thoughts from this week. I know this crazy mess of papers and conferences and prostelyting they call a mission is true, its from God.
Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment