Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 64 Ecuador

Dearly Beloved´s,

The transfer has passed and I am still in Babahoyo!! Woohoo, that means I´m safe to see the ¨Noche Blanca¨ stake baptismal service this Saturday. If all goes right we´ll be having 3 baptisms, and as a Zone hopefully 13; lots of interviewing to be done. I´m excited for the programs and things we´ve lined up here for Christmas, then, I´ll likely be moved on the 28th before the New Year. 

Holiday Sprit is influencing a lot of people to let us into their homes to share a special message. Most don´t want us to come back but they enjoy the undeniable spirit that we bring into their homes; (I think it´s the church and studies and eternal promises that scares them a little, haha_all jokes aside, important stuff). Our mission president was in Baba this weekend for our stake conference and everyone loves him-he has a gift for speaking. One of our investigators for this month who´s been a little flaky came up to us after and said he wanted to do his baptismal interview this week; if all goes well he´ll be baptized the 19th too. I guess if you can´t get the job done, leave the tough ones to President. Humbling..

The season brings out the Lord´s chosen as well as the ¨Scrudge´s¨ and oooo I have had the door slammed in my face this week, words said i´m glad I don´t understand, some other hand signals by passer-by´s that I do understand and the list goes on. It´s a shame they can´t see it but E´Albrecht and I get a laugh out of how dumb people look.

Highlight of the week is when the Assistants came (one who is from Guatamala and sings extremely well) we went to the center of Babahoyo where there´s a BIG lit-up Christmas Tree with Books of Mormon, Brochure´s of Joseph Smith, Christmas cards and tiny mints wrapped up with red-ribbon and sang for everyone there (just the 4 of us) but people started clapping and coming up super interested so I started writing referals, then my companion, then the other elder and at points there was only E´Salcedo singing (he did just fine). Fun experience.

Apart from the city center I also went on an intercambo to Montalvo, on the edge of our Zone and found MOUNTAINS! Ah, the air was cool there and it was awesome. The Elders baptized a person from there last week. I have a feeling my next Zone will be a District? But, we´ll see. It´d be good experience.

My convert was afraid I was going to have changes and made us Tacos! Well, I didn´t have changes, but the tacos were still really delicious!

I like having more say over the way I choose to share the gospel this Christmas, and a little more knowledge of how to do it. We´re looking to make it a memorable one. Best of wishes to all of you and remember, the greatest joy comes when we serve others!

 Love,

Elder Wilson



No comments:

Post a Comment