Elder Wilson

Elder Wilson

Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 25 Ecuador

Buenas Dias Family!
It has been a fun week and I feel a lot more like the old me (for better or worse) living with a fellow American. We`ve set some ground-rules as to prevent getting distracted talking about riding motorcycles or losing our ability to speak spanish. I do miss Latino companions a little bit, they make for a good dictionary when I run across an unkown word but we can overcome our trials in one way or another.
A birthday as well as 7 months in the mission have passed and were put on the back-burner as we kept on working busier than ever I believe teaching, interviewing, finding... It really will be a special year though as it is possibly the only year I will serve as a missionary in its entirety. How do I feel? A new year has come and it`s alright with me, I`m looking forward to all the more I can be. I`m going to go see if I still have any bowling skills left today though in Guayaquil, or if I even have the strength to throw a bowling ball, but I`m excited for that! We have some great missionaries here in the Zone, Milagro! Thank you all for the great wishes.
Wierd moments?
We drank super concentrated diabetic-killing juice to compensate for the excessively greasy food? ..Ecaudor logic?
We have free-range horses here that go around Milagro eating trash and the ownner has a trailer he hauls bamboo on with them. ..old school 3rd world stuff right there.
The work is definately paying off and I was rewarded with a big present this week as we baptized the Comboza Family Sunday morning and later confirmed them. There is always a special spirit that accompanies such events that touches all present. I consider this family very courageous being the first of a family we hope will follow their example. I taught them the story of Joseph and the Savior he was for his family as he was faithful to the Lord`s will and that they, too, can feel the Joy of being united one day with their family like the account of Joseph in (Genesis 46). My counsel to them was to be ¨an example of the believers¨ as is stated in one of my favorites (1Timothy 4:12).
..they were a little tired (in the pictures) from traveling to the beach all week, early morning ;),


Happy Birthday to me:)

One heck of a busy day...



He's a Fruit Loops kind of guy...eating his "air".

Family Morales Comboza

Mercy, Marian and Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment